Agile software development is one of the most widely misunderstood concepts in the IT industry. This episode contains my discussion with Dean Kulaweera during his #TechTalks interview on LinkedIn live.
We start the discussion off with some basic definitions and then we move quickly into answering the following questions.
• 03:16 – Can you explain what a business analyst is?
• 04:28 – What is agile?
• 06:13 – Most organizations are not a good fit for pure agile.
• 09:51 – Less than 5% of business analyst roles are pure agile.
• 11:48 – What is “hybrid-agile” and is it effective?
• 14:19 – Why do companies claim to be pure agile when they’re really hybrid-agile?
• 15:42 – Can you comment on hybrid-agile being used in most organizations?
• 16:45 – If my team developed software, which methodology do you suggest we use? Agile or Hybrid-agile.
• 18:52 – What are some of the key challenges in getting developers to move to more of an agile approach?
CONNECT WITH DEAN KULAWEERA
• Podcast • https://anchor.fm/dean-kulaweera
• LinkedIn • https://www.linkedin.com/in/deankulaweera/
• Instagram • https://www.instagram.com/deankulaweera/
• Twitter • https://twitter.com/deankulaweera
• YouTube • https://www.youtube.com/c/DeanKulaweera
• Facebook • https://www.facebook.com/DeanKulaweera/
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
If you’re an aspiring or practicing business analyst, you should consider joining the BA BLOCKS community. This is the place where you can get your questions answered and to get the support that you need to build a meaningful career for yourself.
• Community • https://bablocks.com/membership
• Courses • https://bablocks.com/courses/
• Podcast • https://bablocks.com/podcast/