Interviews, estimating, change management, business process management, and more.
July was another great month in our community. We covered interviewing, estimating, change management, business process management, and much more.
Let’s go through some of the community highlights from last month.
1. Interview With A Senior Business Analyst
I interviewed one of our members to provide you with a demonstration of how an experienced senior business analyst handles questions in a job interview. This example acts as a model of what all our community members should strive to achieve in an interview setting.
How To Perform Well In An Interview: an example (Video)
2. Estimating For Business Analysts
Estimating is one of the most difficult aspects of the BA profession to master. To make things even more difficult, your employer may ask you to produce, not only the analysis estimates but also the development and QA estimates on behalf of the dev and QA teams.
Functional Point Estimating (Video)
3. How Business Analysts Can Help Facilitate Change
Change management is an area of our profession that gets very little attention. The unique political dynamics of an organization plays such a large role in determining the project’s approach to overcoming change. In this video, I give you a 30-minute overview of how change management works in practice.
How Business Analysts Can Help Facilitate Change (Video)
4. We Now Have A Backlog
We’re getting many great questions from our members. Our community backlog is a living document that we’ve created to keep track of all the questions that are coming in. If you’ve asked a question and not received an answer, please make sure your question is on our backlog.
BA BLOCKS Q&A Backlog (Living Document)
5. Other Notable Activities In Our Community
- We helped one of our community members celebrate a big win in her career. She landed a Lead Business System Analyst role after a series of interviews and has now started in her new role. Congratulate her here: https://members.bablocks.com/posts/sandra-just-got-an-offer
- One of our other members had a very pragmatic challenge on his hands at work. I provided him with a thoro answer to kick-off his business process management/design initiative. See my response to Mohammed’s question in the comments section of this post: https://members.bablocks.com/posts/your-ba-certification-strategy-should-you-get-certified
These are just the highlights from our community. Checking in with us regularly will keep you updated with the community happenings as they take place.